Put these sentences together using the word "whose".
Example: The man phoned the police - his car had been stolen.
The man whose car had been stolen phoned the police.
1. We saw some people standing by the road - their car had broken
2. I apologized to the woman - I had spilled her coffee.
3. She visited her teacher - his house was on the edge of town.
4. Who is the boy - his sister won the table tennis competition?
5. The man is famous for inventing a cure for AidS - his picture
is in every newspaper.
6. The girl is a good friend of mine - I borrowed her camera.
7. I don't like people - their manners are bad.
8. I want to find the boy - his dog ate my book.
9. The teacher was very angry - his classroom had been left in a
10. The librarian can't find the book - its cover was torn by a
11. I don't want to eat in a restaurant - its cooks smoke while
they are preparing the food.
12. The boy will get a detention - his ball broke the cafeteria
B. Write definitions for these words using "whose"
C. Can you ever leave out the word "whose"?
Delete: yes no