A sentence is a group of words that tells a complete thought. A
sentence can be a statement or a question. Here are some
- I hate Mondays.
- She forgot to do her homework.
- Girls are cleverer than boys!
A. Add to the following groups of words to make them statements.
Don't forget to check punctuation and capitalization after adding
your words. You can put the words at the beginning, middle or end
of your sentence.
1. the cafeteria
2. eats glass
4. jumped out of the window
5. is disgusting
6. the angry teacher
7. noisy students
8. was late for class
9. ran after me
10. the school bus
11. she never
12. once a week
B. Now add more words to make each sentence above longer.
- I really hate wet Mondays in November.
- She forgot to do her homework for the third time in a week.
- Some girls are cleverer than some boys some of the time!