(Warning: Be prepared to click away quickly!)
A. Make folders for the different image categories you will want to use.
1. Open a Notebook page.
2. Click the right Gallery tab.
3. Click My Content > Add New Folder
4. Write the name of your new folder.
B. Import your images into the Gallery (from graphics files already on your computer)
5. Click the Gallery tab.
6. Click the plus (+) symbol to the left of My Content.
7. Click on the folder you want to add the image to.
8. Click the down arrow and then Add to my content.
9. Navigate to the folder that contains the image you want to add.
10. Click the image file.
C. Use Notebook Screen Capture to directly add images to My content.
1. Open a new Notebook file.
2. Click the camera to open the small Screen Capture window.
3. Make sure that Capture to new page is not checked.
4. Using Internet Explorer find the image you want to use.
5. Click the left camera in the Capture window.
6. Drag the mouse to draw a rectangle around the part of the image you want.
7. Release the mouse and wait.
8. Click back into the Notebook page.
9. - Your image will appear in the top left corner.
10. Drag the image into the appropriate folder in My Content.
Note: Save images to a folder on your network drive if you will want to manipulate them later in a graphics program, otherwise using Screen capture is quicker and easier.
1. Click on the camera to open the Screen Capture Toolbar.
2. Make sure Capture to New Page is clicked.
3. Start video, then pause it at the desired frame.
4. Click the left Screen Capture icon.
5. Draw a box around the desired part of the frame.
6. Release the mouse (or your finger).
7. Amend/annotate the page as required.
- Return to video, and repeat the above as required.
1. Open Google.
2. Click on Sprachtools/Language Tools.
3. In the Übersetzen/Translate box type the word you want translated.
4. Click in the drop-down list to find the mode (e.g. English nach Japanisch).
5. Click Übersetzen/Translate.
- The word will appear to the right of the box.
6. Highlight the word/characters.
7. Press Control-C.
8. Return to the Notebook page and press Control-V.
- The word/characters will appear on the page.
Important: Have a competent native speaker confirm the translations of the words.